10 things every radical feminine woman needs to know (part II)

6. Manners are essential. Don’t be a Moody Judy, not in text, talk or mannerisms. Like mama used to say, if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say it at all. Treat people like people, not as tools to be used and then disposed of after usage. Address your mom, sister, husband, hairstylist or coworkers with a  friendly greeting BEFORE making a request. A simple, “Good morning, how are you?” of “I hope your day is going good” goes a long way.  The people we interact with need to know that they matter to us. We cannot assume they know this all of the time.
When out on a date and you are bored out of your mind? don’t be rude to the guy. Excuse yourself from the table, visit the restroom and give yourself a pep talk, sing a song, do a dance, say your gratitude list out loud, something! So that when you exit, you feel better.  Determine to be polite, cordial and kind for the remainder of the date; however, it is perfectly fine to excuse yourself early from a date to attend to an “emergency” at home. Say something like, “I am so sorry, but something just came up that I must take care of. You understand, right?” . Thank him sweetly for understanding and then hightail it out of there.  Dating ladies, Uber is your best friend. You can order one from the restroom!

Please, thank you, my apologies, are you okay?, I did not mean to upset you are phrases that are becoming almost extinct in our society, but feminine women know the power of manners. Manners open the doors that rudeness and entitlement don’t even know exist.

7.  Take breaks. Take breaks at home, take breaks at work, take breaks when you’re feeling panicked, take breaks when you’re feeling stressed, take breaks when you feel fine but know in your heart you are doing too much and will soon be exhausted. Take breaks often. Take breaks out of sight from other people. Why? Because they will make remarks about your breaks, thus making you feel bad/lazy/unproductive for doing what you know you need to do for your health and sanity.  The remarks can be either joking or serious, but either way people have a way of getting under our skin or making us feel we need to justify our breaks. And if you are justifying your break, you are being defensive and now you don’t even feel like taking a break anymore. You do not need to justify anything to anyone ,so to prevent drama take breaks out of sight: in your room, in your car, in your office, etc. Your break space should be clean and uncluttered, so maybe that can be an extra incentive for cleaning your car this week 😊


8. Fast. Fast from food, fast from television, fast from complaining, fast from stinginess, fast from talking too much, fast from electronics, fast from artificial light. There are as many fasts as there are languages in the world, I think. I have been reading this book, “40 Days of Decrease” (author: Alicia Britt Chole) and it has opened my eyes to many things, particularly the way I fast, how I fast, and why I fast. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ; when I fast it is for reasons related to my relationship with Jesus.  And as I have gone on in this fasting journey I notice that it not only has the power to change my circumstances, but it has changed me. Fasting has changed me. I fast from food, but I also have fasted from stinginess, artificial light, talking to friends on the phone (did a 40 day fast and it greatly improved the dynamics of our friendship), and the other fasts mentioned in Chole’s book. I am not even halfway through but I am getting a lot from it. Fasting from food is an excellent way to detoxify your body but also an awesome way to change your body and mind’s relationship to food. If you are a single girl and an emotional eater like me, then you know how toxic that combo can be. I told God that I want to wait well for my husband. Waiting well includes not being morbidly obese; therefore, food cannot be my god. Food cannot be my homegirl, my substitute husband, my friend I go to when I am feeling sad. Food is fuel for my body, no more no less. Fasting has greatly improved my relationship with my Heavenly Father and changed my relationship with food. This is not medical advice, this is my testimony.

9. Surrender. A truly feminine woman is a surrendered woman. She goes with the flow, she goes where she is led, she is not the leader of the pack. She can lead it if she needs to, there is no doubt about her skills and ability; however, she is surrendered to her leader. The best leader for a feminine woman is her own masculine husband. Unfortunately, many feminine women lack husbands and that has created a population of disoriented women: overworked, stressed, overweight, settling for boyfriends and giving boyfriends sex, cheating with married men, mothering alone…the list goes on.
I guess in this point I want to express that: you cannot do this alone. You cannot win in this life alone. You cannot make it on your own. You need a Savior. I cannot continue writing about these things and encouraging you without telling you the truth. I only have one subscriber to this blog so I am not worried about losing readership. At this point, the only one I am sure is reading this blog is Jesus and I am sure he is well pleased with these next words: You need a Savior feminine woman. You need a God. Many years ago He sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for your sins. And that Savior, on the third day was risen to life and now He is seated in Heaven on the throne, on the right hand of the Father. And He wants to meet you and know you. He wants a relationship with you. And I promise this relationship he wants with you will not be one-sided. He will never leave or forsake you, He will never do you wrong, or make promises He cannot keep.

God has not called me to speak to every feminine woman. I have been called to teach Christian wives, mothers and women to be better women for their Kingdom families. That’s my calling. That is what God shared with me almost 2 years ago.  I am not yet married but I have receive the grace to wait well until God sends me to Him. Until then and after, everything that I share is inspired by the Lord.

Sometimes this blog will cover spiritual topics, sometimes it will cover practical topics, but it will all serve to make you better as you walk through life.

Thank you for reading. Oh! And number 10….

10. Share what you know. You have overcome too much to be stingy with your knowledge. God  has a special purpose for your life. Discover that and share what you know with others around you. You have lived too much life and overcome too many battles to remain silent. You have something to say, my dear. Say it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Travel on a Budget

The Culture Trap

Say Yes