Do Release That Which Does Not Serve You

Me in June 2016






Me in June 2017














By now we know that Feminine Grace is of the utmost importance. It is hard to talk about femininity without addressing weight. The story of my feminine journey is the story of my weightloss journey...or maybe it's the other way around. Either way, it is a bit impossible to speak of one without the other. Four years ago, I was fat, black and uncomfortable. Today I am still black, but I'm slimmer and waaaaaay more comfortable ( the hot flashes and rubbing thighs left about 20 lbs ago).

Our health is so important. We are the head nurturers of our families so we cannot be sick and diseased and whatnot. I know, I know...an overweight body doesn't equal diseased body anymore than a "skinny" body equals healthy body but  carrying excess fat in our bodies is a real concern and must be addressed.

You should want to look good, live long and LIVE well. There is no need to carry around excess weight on your body sisters. We must look our best to attract AND keep our man. If you do not care about these things, okay. But if you do and you are overweight, I hope my photos will inspire your own journey to releasing that which does not serve you.
Start of Feminine Journey/215 lbs, December 2015 (Size 16 dress/ 42 DD bra)





172, July 2017 (Size 8/10 dress, 38D bra)
172, Today

It took time. I am not skinny by any stretch of the imagination. And I am sure a better woman could have (and has!) lost MORE weight in much less time. But as I've mentioned before, this has been a JOURNEY.  I released more than fat sisters: I released the need to eat for comfort, I released the need to always have a full stomach, I released the need to be in control, I released the need to use my fat as my protector, I released pre-diabetes, I released ignorance, I released fear, as well as depression, old habits and my masculine ways. Today I maintain a weight of 170-173. This has me at a size 8/10 dress size so there is much room for improvement (I rebuke you jiggly belly fat!!) Being in the 6/8 dress range is a goal of mine.

Whatever you decide, be intentional about it sisters. Make your healthy choice goals and plan, run them by your doctor/nutritionist/personal trainer and then get to being the best version of you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Travel on a Budget

The Culture Trap

Say Yes