Do Date for Marriage

Men reserve their best treatment for their wives.


Even if a woman is not "marriage-minded", she will recoil at the thought that she is not getting a man's "best treatment". It is better to be single and unavailable than to date for months and years on end,  and be used for sex
Girlfriends, please beware: Boyfriends will "interview" you FOR YEARS and you will be no closer to a ring than the next woman he meets and dates. You should be dating too, and not just him! Your thought process when dating for marriage should be the following:

 "I am a wife who dates for marriage. I already belong to my husband. Whoever I date in the meantime is simply interviewing for his spot. So, I will conduct myself as a woman who already belongs to a man. Because I do! I am my husband's wife. Until I choose him, I am still my husband's wife."

Dating for marriage and without sex is hard for many, especially those women who think that sex is all a man wants or needs from her. Men need us for feminine nurturing. Men need to please us. A man asks a woman to marry him based on the level of nurturing she has shown up until that point and if he can make her happy. Very rarely does romantic love or feelings play a part in a man asking a woman to marry him. If she can nurture him and he can make her happy then he’s asking. It is up to you to accept. You don’t need bedroom tricks to get a proposal. When you date for marriage, the proposals come quickly!

I was once proposed to hours after my first date with this guy. Let’s call him Jerry. Because that was his name.  After our date, I  called to tell him I was home ( as he had requested me to do) and he just started gushing about how much he liked me, and how he could see himself with me, and that he knew he had met his wife. I was floored and speechless. He even paused after making that statement, as if I would accept being his wife. Um, no sir, I'm gonna need a heck of a lot more dates and time please. Furthermore, I was not yet certain he was the Leader I was looking for. It had only been one date. A nice one! But one date nonetheless. Jerry and I dated for 2 more months, ending on a sour note. He was nice enough, but often rejected my feminine nurturing…he was a strong independent man who didn’t need a woman for nothing. So, I bounced. I cannot marry a man who does not need me, that’s silly.

Oh and that brings up another point. In dating for marriage be vulnerable…be open to receiving what the other person is trying to offer. Don’t be like Jerry and make those you date feel pointless and unneeded because you’ve been single for so long that you’ve lost your ability to connect deeply to another human being (eye roll!)

For women who date for marriage, we can’t be celibate robots. Leave the bedtime games for  honeymoon night but please do show affection, show emotions, let him help you, be compassionate, be nurturing. Be a woman.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Travel on a Budget

The Culture Trap

Say Yes