Donuts, Diets, and Love


Emotional eating is real y'all!

And it does not discriminate based on race, socioeconomic status, marital status or location.

But it does target unloved or emotionally fragile women. Emotional eating has nothing to do with hunger and everything to do with being starved of love, affection, attention, and adoration.

If you are not currently coupled, kissing your man to stave off feelings of emotional hunger may not be an option. So here are a few more options:

1. Cuddle with your pet
2. Hop on FaceTime with your best friend and talk out your emotions and feelings
3. Take a walk or go swimming
4. Go to the gym (attending a group class would be best)
5. Drink water and eat a whole cucumber (You. Will. Be. Full!)
6. Watch comedy clips on YouTube

Now these tricks and options will work for a while but while they're working you will need to decide on a more permanent solution:

(if coupled) why am I feeling this way? Is this relationship stressing me or am I stressed for other reasons? How can I ask my husband for more affection and attention? Marital counseling is highly recommeded.

(If uncoupled) do I want to get married, be in love, have a man? Who? How? When? What makes me happy? Am I happier single? If so, what can I do or change to keep my emotions in a level state? What am I stressing about? How can I alleviate stress in these areas? Would I benefit from a life coach or counselor?
I cannot answer these questions for you, only you can. But I do sugggest you seek counsel from a therapist, pastor or life coach. In the Bible, it reads, "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death" Proverbs 14:12.

Life is a bit too complicated for us to try to live it on our own: without wisdom, without, counsel, without God's help.

If your emotions are sending you to the fridge (or the pantry) and your weight or health are suffering, it is time to be vulnerable and honest so that "your latter days will be full of prosperity" Job 8:6

I got my emotional eating under control through a mentor, my pastor and lots of Godly counsel. I also took time to fast, pray and study the book of Proverbs. In this time I redefined my relationship with food and myself. In redefining this relationship, I am no longer a slave to food, stress, or my emotions. Those feelings still rear up but I now have tools to fight them with.  I wear no yoke except the yoke of Jesus Christ (Matthew 11:30).

While we are waiting to receive the promises of God, we must ask God to give us the capacity to WAIT WELL.

God bless you, dear Woman❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Travel on a Budget

The Culture Trap

Say Yes