Bath & Body Works and Fiscal Responsibility

If you are a girly girl or aspire to be then it's safe to assume you like pretty things like me. It is  probably also safe to assume that there is a specific industry with a specific set of items that you'd be willing to blow your whole check on if you could.

What's your poison : makeup? shoes? Pretty dresses? Heels? Hair products? Accessories? Purses/handbags? Designer clothes? Lingerie? Perfume?!

The last one is mine. I LOVE perfume and perfumed things! Eau de parfum, mists, sprays, anything from Bath and Body Works or L'Occitane , body butters and lotions, fragrant satchels, the list goes on...
Sometimes I used to just walk into Bath and Body Works to give my nose a smell-cation. I'd just be standing there in the aisles, with my eyes closed and a goofy grin on my face. It's weird, I know. But just thinking of those times makes me happy, lol!

Whatever our girly-Kryptonite is, we have to make sure we are spending in a way that honors our families and keeps them fed and provided for for many generations.

What am I talking about? Fiscal Responsibility and Financial Respect. Yes, we are feminine women and our energy is more "go with the  flow" than "Oh, heck no!", but feminine women still have a responsibility to their husbands/financial partners, children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and the like, not to spend all the money. Haven't you ever wished you had a great grandparent like the Hiltons to leave you a bajillion dollars?! Um yeah, be that great grandparent sisters.

Yes, I know you (and/or hubby) work hard for the benjamins you earn. Yes, I know that $40 out of an entire paycheck doesn't sound like enough to provide said great grandchildren with any type of inheritance. And yes, I know that pink Michael Kors romper with the sweetheart neckline is calling your name honey.

But sister, you must. You must scale back on the purchases so your family can live well. I am not saying you must live like a pauper: never getting new things, looking tattered and pinching pennies. But I am saying be wise and intentional about the purchases you make, ALL of them.

1. Create a budget and stick to it. 
2. Ask yourself (and be honest): Do I really need this?
3. Look for ways  to save money, not to spend.
4. Reward yourself by investing (i love the STASH app!) or adding a little extra to the childrens' college funds.
5.  Don't have a college fund for your children? Reward yourself by starting one!
6. Shop bargains*. I went to JCPenny's recently and they make it so easy to look great for less!

Once we put things into perspective (e.g. your grandchildren becoming the Hiltons, Part Two), those money-wasting habits we have become less of a habit and easier to break. I once read an article and it suggested that before making any clothes purchase, wait 72 hours. And then if you still desire it (and can afford it) after 72 hours , then you should buy it. Also, pay cash! Paying cash as opposed to using a credit or debit card makes the transaction more personal; people are way less likely to make it rain at the register when they see their cash dwindling down.

So these are just a few points to ponder as you go about your Saturday. As we awake and become more conscious of things, it is easy to see how, why and what changes are needed for optimal success and growth. There is an entire generation  being affected by your choices today sisters: spend wisely, pretty please












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Travel on a Budget

The Culture Trap

Say Yes